DID YOU KNOW?
• Only 45% adults met the physical activity guidelines in Australia, out of which only 15% of adults met both the physical activity and muscle strengthening activity guidelines.
• Only 3 in 10 pregnant women met the Australian physical activity guidelines.
Physical Activity Guidelines suggest being active on most, preferably all days with at least 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity per week & Muscle strengthening activities 2 times a week (aged 18-64 years).
*Statistics taken from ABS National Health Survey in 2017-18
WHY PRAXIS REHAB PHYSIOTHERAPY?
We want to help you achieve these recommended guidelines and assist in movement beyond recovery from pain or injury so that you enjoy every day of your life feeling great and confident!
Science continues to evolve every day. In an ocean of uncertainties, we try to keep ourselves updated with the new evidence in the field of musculoskeletal & sports, neuroscience and pain science.
We believe that, as health professionals, we must unlearn and relearn new skills evolving from research to deliver best evidence-based treatment for long-term management of symptoms and better quality of life for our patients.
That is what Praxis is all about – Putting scientific evidence into practice to help you to achieve your recovery goals and maximize human performance.
WELCOME TO PRAXIS REHAB PHYSIOTHERAPY!
WHAT DO WE SEE?
Our toolbox includes variety of treatment options tailored to your condition and there is no recipe that will suit all equally. We want to provide an honest and open conversation regarding the outcome that can be achieved. We believe in treating the person and not only an injured part of a person or a scan.
- We treat head, shoulders, knees and toes and everything in between! It could be a muscle, joint, ligament, cartilage, tendon, nerve or bone issue.
- We also treat workplace injuries, motor vehicle accidents & sports injuries and help you return to your pre-injury levels.
- If you have undergone a surgery or planning to have one, we can help you in your journey to live a normal active life.
- Ladies, you may be pregnant, or you may have already pushed that little human out! We can assist you with pregnancy-related issues or postpartum care.
- Senior citizens, you may be going through gradual deterioration of strength, balance or weakening of bones. A good exercise program of a combination of weight-bearing and resistance training drills can help in maintaining your quality of life and we can push you through it.Check Out Our Services For More Information
HOW DO WE FUNCTION?
WHO WE ARE?
Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2008 from India. Graduate Certificate Program in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy from University of South Australia in 2011.
Worked over the years as a physio in India, Singapore and Australia in different roles including hospital inpatient, private practice and residential aged care Physiotherapy.
Keen interests in acute soft tissue injury management, persistent pain and women’s health problems.
Mother of 2 beautiful girls, enjoys cooking, dancing during leisure time and plays social badminton when time permits.